1. Might want to be very aware of is the drainage conditions either around the barn/paddocks or where you would be siting them. Flooding and drainage issues so being out of a flood zone was critical.
2. Be aware of existing trees/shrubs on the property and what you might have to workaround, such as toxic plants.
3.Might want to be in an area where you could ride out on at least some safe roads. You might not want your driveway coming out on a major highway or busy road.
4. Look at your long term plans, what is the max # animals you plan to have (be sure to remember if you retire someone, will you get another riding horse) If possible, try to find at least 2 acres per horse if you want good pasture.
5. Location - looking into what or how many vets are available in the area. Does there seem to be a good supply of hay locally.
6. If you are building, what are the requirements or limitations. Zoning- any restrictions on animals or bldgs. We ran into a large hassle getting our barn built.
7. How does the area seem. We even stopped and started chatting with a couple of neighbors before putting a contract on our place.
The are a few tips that I can think of as a Real Estate Professional after research idea. If you have any I can use or you have to share please comment or go to my website and search for Buying Equestrian Homes for Sale on the Treasure coast
Atlantic Shores Realty is ready to assist you with all your real estate needs. Our website has information whether you are selling a home on the Treasure Coast or Palm Beaches or buying a home on the Treasure Coast or Palm Beaches.
"I never got to thank you for all your help in purchasing... It is a beautiful home and with some TLC, it will be even more beautiful.
I have to add how invaluable David (Colson) has been throughout the process and continues to add his assistance. After ending my relationship with 2 other agents prior to hiring David, I hit pay dirt with him. You are very fortunate to have him working with you. I will strongly recommend any of my friends and family to utilize David (Colson) if they are interested in buying a home in the area.
Thanks again for all your assistance.